- Linear Recurrences, 2008.
This note is not superseded by my later texts on the same topic.
- Non-Desarguesian planes, 2008.
This note is kept here for historical purposes. See its 2014 version.
- Sperner’s Lemma, the Brouwer Fixed-Point Theorem, and Cohomology, 2009.
- (with Lizhen Ji) Infinite topology of curve complexes and non-Poincare duality of Teichmüller modular groups, 2007
- Fifteen problems about the mapping class groups, 2006.
- (with B. Farb) The Torelli geometry and its applications, 2003.
- Examples of centralizers in the Artin braid groups, 2003.
- (with E. Irmak & John D. McCarthy) Automorphisms of surface braid groups, 2003.
- A new construction of the Kauffman polynomial, Abstract, 3 lines, 2003.
- The Lax proof of the change of variables formula, differential forms, a determinantal identity, and Jacobi multipliers, 2001.
This is the version of the paper No. 46 in the list Publications since 1992 which was sent to the editors.
It contains some additional material and references compared to the published version.
- Isometries of Teichmüller spaces from the point of view of Mostow rigidity, 2001.
- Mapping class groups, 1999.
This is the version of the paper No. 41 in the list Publications since 1992 which was sent to the editors.
- A topologists view of the Dunford-Schwartz proof of the Brouwer fixed point theorem, 1999.
- A short proof of Gromov non-hyperbolicity of Teichmüller spaces, 1998.
For a free download of the publisher’s file, see the list Publications since 1992.
- (with John D. McCarthy) On injective homomorphisms between Teichmüller modular groups, 1995.
This is the original version of the paper No. 39 in the list Publications since 1992.
It differs from the published version in that it contains a treatment of the small surfaces (which require additional arguments), and also proofs of some folklore results.
- A geometric interpretation of the complex dilatation, 1995.
See Preprints 2014 – 2017.
- Ten Problems on the Mapping Class Groups, 1994.
This note is included here for historical purposes. See the paper No. 45 in the list Publications since 1992.
© The copyright for the published versions of the papers posted here belongs to the respective publishers.
Above are either the originally submitted versions, or the ones preceding the published versions.
© The copyright holder for all materials here is Nikolai V. Ivanov, or, in the case of joint papers, he and his coauthors jointly. All rights are reserved. According to the US copyright law, these materials may be used for non-commercial purposes falling within the scope of the US fair use doctrine.
If a paper is posted to the ArXiv, only the link to its Arxiv page is given. For PDF files a link to the wordpress.com page of the file is given. Clicking on this PDF link will lead you to the document page, where you will be able to download paper.